Get Your Module Projects In Gear
We provide a full line of expert project services with a dedicated team of experienced professionals who have significant expertise in the oil sands industry. We provide project focused:
- Quality Assurance
- Contract Administration
- Materials Management
- Reporting on Cost and Schedule
- Construction Coordination with Owners, Engineering and Site Construction
Our Mission is to provide solutions to our clients that integrate their construction program safely.
Where owner groups often have project leadership resources for large capital projects, they often resort to lump-sum contracts with fabricators for smaller projects because they do not have the temporary resources to manage them. This is especially true for maintenance projects where the project team also has operational responsibilities.
Shifting project responsibility to fabricators regardless of the size of project, however, does not mean that site construction risks are mitigated. On the contrary, these projects typically need to build in contingencies to deal with schedule risks, reporting risks, contract changes, non-conformances and specification deviations.
Site construction issues quickly add significant costs. If problems arise in a shop and the field is surprised, costs escalate quickly.
- Costs related to cranage or mobilized tradesmen escalate quickly if material does not show up when expected.
- Incomplete packages sent to the field take site staff away from operational roles.
- Fabrication quality issues transferred to the field have significant costs.
- Non-Conformances or Requests for Information are not closely stewarded, which can lead to field confusion.
- Construction without owner standards (or to the wrong standard) leads to rework, escalating materials costs and delays.
- The requirement for a sub-contractor to complete work to the right quality, cost or schedule can lead to delays if not properly managed.
Speedshift Fabrication Coordination is the solution for safe, independent 3rd party fabrication coordination. As owner's representatives on projects, Speedshift will support field construction activities by keeping owners apprised of actual, demonstrable progress. And by helping fabrication shops exceed owner expectations safely we help make fabrication shops more competitive.
Give us the opportunity to help your project keep its contingency in its pocket.
Contact us today to find out how we can support your project success.
Fabrication Shops require 3 things to be successful:
- Complete Engineering
- Materials Availability
- Staff Availability
Speedshift will provide independent confirmation that the fabricator has everything that they need to be successful, minimizing both surprises and finger-pointing. And where there are issues, Speedshift will work not just to identify challenges, but also provide practical and timely solutions.
Ensuring that fabrication shops have the right owner standard for construction gets the project off on the right foot.
Comparing owner standards to shop standards ensures that there are no surprises in the construction or deliverables. Quality issues transferred to the field are extremely costly, and Speedshift works with fabricators to minimize this.
Speedshift can help project success by:
- Validating shop staff certifications,
- Conducting regular quality audits,
- Expediting and managing owner supplied materials,
- Acting as witnesses for witness testing, and
- Ensuring that any RFI's are stewarded
By managing Fabricator QC programs instead of just inspecting welds we can work to identify challenges before they become problems.
With over 30 years of experience in NDT & QA for the industry, our QA leadership can help any project be successful.
By minimizing surprises sent to the field, and by helping fabrication solve issues that inevitably arise, Speedshift will move your capital project from risky to successful.
This starts by ensuring that projects are kicked-off with the right documentation, that material is effectively expedited, that project reporting is consistent with what the owner requires, and that construction is sequenced for success.
Speedshift works to understand the context of the project beyond the written scope to work to predict and prevent issues before they have a chance to surface and impact schedules.